Summer Honors Geometry Course
- Cost: $1000
- Dates: June 26 - August 11 (Off the week of July 4th.)
- Times: Monday - Thursday, 8am-1pm
- Teacher: Mrs. Diana Bertonazzi
- Email: Mrs.Bertonazzi@hermits.com
- Textbook: HMH Fuse Geometry iPad APP, Notebook, Graphing Calculator Ti-83 or Ti-84.
The main purpose of this course is for students to develop an understanding of the significant concepts of geometry. Students will learn to identify and define geometric figures, develop deductive reasoning, and derive geometric formulas. This is an honors level course, complex problems will be part of the curriculum at an accelerated pace.
This course will follow all the usual classroom guidelines laid out in the student handbook. Upon successful completion of this course, 85 or above, the student will be placed in Honors Algebra II.
Students will be responsible for their own transportation. Lunch will be provided.
This course will be open to incoming freshmen who have taken the Math Placement test and are scheduled for Honors Geometry Fall 2017.
Prerequisite: 95% or above in Honors Algebra I, a strong test/quiz average and Honors Algebra I Teacher’s recommendation.